The Idaho Conservation League had this to say about the benefits of bicycle commuting:
- Biking is really good exercise! It builds muscle and cardiovascular health, and it puts a smile on your face.
- On a bike, you're exposed to nature. Rain and sunshine are part of our natural world; riding can better connect you to our natural and urban landscapes. I especially enjoy viewing morning wildlife activity along the Boise River.
- Bicycles are less expensive than cars and gas!
- Biking takes automobiles off our roads, which reduces air pollution and traffic congestion.
- Using human power to get around town sets a good example for the next generation of Idahoans.
- Bicycling can build relationships with neighbors, coworkers and other folks you meet along the way.
Visit www.cdaidparks.org/ to see what events are taking place in Kootenai County this year.